Cooking Boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the microwave can be fun, moist and very tasty. If you are wondering how to microwave chicken breast, then we got you covered. If not done right it can be overcooked until they become dry and chewy, I generally like mine more succulent. They can work well for lunch and dinner favorites like Chicken Pasta and Chicken Caesar.
This method is not like searing, sautéing, broiling, frying, or baking; it heats the breasts quickly from the outside in which is different from the stovetop poaching from the inside out in their juices in a covered pan.
We are going to use a glass container because it is safer and we can peek inside and watch it brown. But I promise that if you follow this method exactly, you won’t be disappointed.
Washing the chicken breast:
Washing the breast removes some of the germs. The only way to ensure the bacteria are dead is to cook it with high heat thoroughly. Use 3 table spoon of white distilled vinegar and water to wash the chicken. Let sit for 2 minutes or so then wash chicken again with only water, then dry chicken.
Flatten the chicken breasts:
Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with the bottom of a wide jar or glass. You can also (carefully!) use the handle of a heavy chef’s knife.
Seasoning the Chicken
Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts. This method alone makes plain, simple microwave chicken breasts — You can add herbs, marinate or jerk sauce to this which and can be used on top of salads, rice dishes, and tacos. But you can season the breasts any way you like; make them spicy, or flavor them with fresh herbs. You don’t need to brine or marinate the chicken, but doing this does make them even juicier!
How to microwave chicken breast and get moist & tender chicken every time
What You Need
1 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, of similar size
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil, unsalted butter, or combination of both
Heavy Mason jar or wide drinking glass
Wide (11-inch) Glass pan with glass lid
Tongs or spatula
Instructions: How to microwave chicken breast
- Flatten the chicken breasts: Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with the bottom of a wide jar or glass. You can also (carefully!) use the handle of a heavy chef’s knife.
- Season the chicken breasts: Lightly salt and pepper the breasts and the role in lite olive oil.
- Prepare the glass pan and microwaveable cover: . Swirl the glass pan so it is lightly covered with the olive oil.
- Cook the chicken breasts in microwave for 5 minutes without moving: you are searing or browning them at this point.
- Flip the chicken breasts: Flip each chicken breast over and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn the chicken Breast over one more time and cook for 15 minutes: Chicken should turn golden brown
- Remove lid and take temperature: After the 15 minutes are up, take the lid off, and your chicken is done. Make sure there is no pink in the middle of the breasts. If you want to be absolutely sure it is cooked, you can use an instant-read thermometer to check (the chicken should be at least 165°F). Slice and eat.