It does not matter if you are a fitness buff or not, finding the best meal prep containers for your use are very important in today busy lifestyle… If you have kids or a large family you understand meal prep is a crucial business? This relates to a preparation of meals for the day or the whole week in advance and is the biggest influencers influencing fitness failure or success. Actually, the process of meal prep is segmented into three:
- Planning involving recipes and shopping
- Preparation is about cooking
- Storage relates to packing and weighing
This appears simple, right? Having food to quash hunger pangs involves dietary decisions so that you do not regret later. Yes, you are right; the concentration is on proper storage, the meal prep containers.
Reusing some old containers may be tempting, but you must also be prepared for leaky lids or spilled foods and even other tragedies food-related. You can prevent food spoilage and prevent fridge smell permeating your eatables, by shopping for best meal prep containers, taking these into consideration:
- Buy air-tight and leak-proof liquids
- Get freezer-friendly containers so that unwanted freezing side effects can be avoided. Ensure they are rigid and sealable, but should also give food room to expand.
- Containers must be portable. The best food prep containers are the ones that are flat, slim and lightweight. It is portable and versatile.
- Containers must be durable to handle the freezer, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Cleaning ease and affordable prices
- 1 The 5 best glass meal prep containers that’ll make your life much easier
- 1.0.1 [5 Pcs] Glass 2 Compartment – Food Storage Airtight Containers with Lids- Divided Glass Lunch Containers Food Container – 30oz
- 1.0.2 5-Pack] Glass Prep Containers Glass Round – Glass Storage Containers with Lids – Glass Lunch Containers, 25oz
- 1.0.3 [Larger Premium 5 Set] 2 Compartment Glass Meal Containers with Lifetime Lasting Snap Locking Lids (4.5 Cups, 36 oz.)
- 1.0.4 [3-Pack] Glass Food Prep Containers, Lunch Containers with Lids BPA Free Set.
- 1.0.5 3-Pack Glass Food prep Containers with lids- Divided Glass Lunch Food Container 100% Airtight and Leak Proof
- 1.1 Best BPA Free Plastic Meal Prep Containers Reusable
- 1.1.1 6 Pack – SimpleHouseware 3-Compartment Heavy Duty Bento Lunch Container Boxes, 36 ounces, 4 Color
- 1.1.2 EZ Prepa [20 Pack] 32oz 3 Compartment Meal Prep Containers with Lids – Bento Box – Durable BPA Free Plastic Reusable Food Storage Containers – Stackable, Reusable, Microwaveable & Dishwasher Safe
- 126.96.36.199 NutriBox [40 Value Pack] single one compartment 24 OZ Meal Prep Plastic Food Storage Containers – BPA Free Reusable Lunch Bento Box with Lids – Spill-proof, Microwave, Dishwasher and Freezer Safe
- 188.8.131.52 Glotoch 24 Pack Durable Plastic Microwaveable Reusable Clear Takeout Travel Deli Food Storage Containers with Lids, Dishwasher and Freezer Safe, BPA Free (16oz)
- 184.108.40.206 30 Meal Prep Containers Reusable – Disposable Food Containers with lids – Lunch Containers for adults to go Containers
- 1.1.3 Where can you buy the best food prep containers?
The best glass meal prep containers
The worries about plastic toxic substances while microwaving getting into your food; whether the plastic absorbs food germs or is it BPA free makes most people switch to glass meal prep containers.
Glass meal prep containers do not absorb food, it can be washed safely even in your dishwasher at high temperatures, ensuring sanitizing. They feature non-porous surface and the fact cannot be denied that glass is expensive in comparison to plastic. Switching to glass is a costly option, but it is an investment for one-time and in the long run, it saves money.
Glass meal prep containers are eco-friendly that warming it in the oven or microwave is a breeze and it is also dishwasher safe.
Buying divided containers helps to have control. Containers with two compartments help to keep your diet plan perfect. Nowadays, the style and function are truly exceptional, hard to beat. They glass meal containers come with stylish finishing that they are also perfect for office lunches, gym or picnics.
BPA free plastic food prep containers
Storing leftovers, pantry staples, baby food, dry goods or even dog food, using feel-good products is recommended. It means avoiding plastic bags and paper towels and considering sustainable alternatives that have no BPA.
BPA represents bisphenol A, an industrial chemical used in resins and plastics. FDA confirms BPA to be safe at low levels. While food storage containers are in plastic. As such, no plastic is safe for food as they have the tendency to percolate unsafe chemicals into your food and they end in your body.
Bisphenol A plastic is BPA, a sturdy material, but not an appropriate choice for drinks or food storage. Thus consider buying only the best quality plastic that is BPA free plastic food prep containers that have good lock seal and ensures complete leak resistance. Airtight containers and is safe to freeze, microwave and to use in the dishwasher.
Here are some of our readers best finds that we approve of and we are proud to share this info, they all received 4.7 stars or better in customer reviews.
The 5 best glass meal prep containers that’ll make your life much easier
I bought this glass meal prep set and I am now sure that this is what I had always wanted for my kitchen. It is really perfect now that I can store the leftovers. At last, I have kept away the plastic ware.
Believe me, now I am using glass only even to reheat leftovers. It is good to even microwave having the lid on it and I find it is perfect to keep chips on a side and also half sandwich. Good that I switched to this glass prep containers and have secured my family’s health status.
5-Pack] Glass Prep Containers Glass Round – Glass Storage Containers with Lids – Glass Lunch Containers, 25oz
I always had a fondness towards the plastic containers colors and varieties that I had a big collection. I stored the leftovers in it and noticed it began getting stained and pathetically few got melt in my microwave that I have one way and that is to move to glass containers.
These glass containers look amazing and especially the round shape containers are superb! The lid fit is also good, that after regular use also they stay fit. The lid clasps are snug and do not wear out. It is dishwasher safe and can be used in the microwave. I find these containers appropriate.
[Larger Premium 5 Set] 2 Compartment Glass Meal Containers with Lifetime Lasting Snap Locking Lids (4.5 Cups, 36 oz.)
I am overwhelmed with this brand and so I have placed another order as well to gift to my sister for her wedding day. They are of superb quality. They are durable and so I am going to give my kitchen free space by phasing out the surplus containers that I have stowed in my cabinet. I wish to replace them.
I am sure this is the right time I consider replacing the plastic containers I have and to replace it with healthy and nice products. I liked the compartment style containers, the contents look neat.
I have been using plastic containers as meal prep containers for a long time. I liked as I had it many sizes and colors, but notice they are not the same after multiple items of washing. I understood it is time to give serious consideration towards glass containers. This can be used heavily and the food stays fresh for many days. It does not leave any residual type and the food also does not taste different with containers. The containers come in sets and even on delivery, they come without any breakage. It is really satisfying!
3-Pack Glass Food prep Containers with lids- Divided Glass Lunch Food Container 100% Airtight and Leak Proof
I am glad to make the right choice. I am setting my new home after my marriage and I was recommended for this product. It is really of perfect use. The snaps of these containers were easy to close and closed tight.
I always end up cooking more and these glass containers make great meal prep containers. They are a bit larger in size and the glass quality is really durable. I am using it to prep the dinner for the week ahead and have left the leftovers in the store. The lids easily snap and the parts nicely clean in the dishwasher.
Best BPA Free Plastic Meal Prep Containers Reusable
I bought these meal prep containers and they are excellent. They are BPA free and reusable. I find it more convenient to pack lunch and dinner. The food containers come in 3 compartments and are amazing. They are large containers and feature FDA approved lids ensuring it is safe for food. I like these containers as it saves space in the fridge, they are stackable and as it has an airtight lid it is leak-proof as well. It goes straight into freezer or microwave, besides being dishwasher safe. I am very glad that the food stays fresh.
EZ Prepa [20 Pack] 32oz 3 Compartment Meal Prep Containers with Lids – Bento Box – Durable BPA Free Plastic Reusable Food Storage Containers – Stackable, Reusable, Microwaveable & Dishwasher Safe
I always am in the habit of preparing meals at the week beginning and this includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I am pleased that these containers fit amazingly well on being stacked into the fridge. The biggest advantage is that they can be stacked nicely together and stays compact taking a small space. The cabinet space gives a clean feel and it is available as 20 packs with lids that I can prepare a week ahead and serve it perfectly or even carry the meal if required. They are BPA-free plastic and are of the eco-friendly plastic material safe to use. The design is sturdy that it is good for the microwave as well.
NutriBox [40 Value Pack] single one compartment 24 OZ Meal Prep Plastic Food Storage Containers – BPA Free Reusable Lunch Bento Box with Lids – Spill-proof, Microwave, Dishwasher and Freezer Safe
This is an amazing meal prep container! It is durable and also flexible that I loved it at once. The clear color gives it an elegant look. I used it, it is really good. The price and the quality, both are good. I believe it is worth paying for and are appropriate for storing fresh and leftovers. Even when there is more food cooked, these are wonderful plastic containers that are BPA free and the best to store prepared meals. These are amazing containers and I need not fear even when kids handle these containers as the top fits tight and at the same time closing the lid is easy.
Glotoch 24 Pack Durable Plastic Microwaveable Reusable Clear Takeout Travel Deli Food Storage Containers with Lids, Dishwasher and Freezer Safe, BPA Free (16oz)
I have a budget constraint and so keep looking for practical solutions that are inexpensive and fit my budget. Luckily these containers are plastic storage containers and they come in varying sizes. They fill the space up in the cabinet or drawer. They are non-BPA material that is durable and are an excellent solution for plastic containers. The biggest advantage is they can be used and reused making them highly convenient and inexpensive to take or carry it anywhere without any concern of it spilling or leaking. They are really sturdy, can be used in microwave safely and add to the convenience. The 320z sizes are good making a good buy!
30 Meal Prep Containers Reusable – Disposable Food Containers with lids – Lunch Containers for adults to go Containers
Do you love food containers like me, and then you will not miss these reusable meal prep containers. They are not really bulky and big but can hold food in good amounts. There is no need to worry about food quality. Moreover, even if I give the container to someone, I am sure they also are happy to receive in such neat condition. I am fond of these containers for one valuable reason and that is they get stacked in small space and are durable than expected. Above all, these containers do not carry that plastic strong smell and I can use it in the microwave as well. I love these containers.
Where can you buy the best food prep containers?
If you have been commuting to school or work for a long time, these airtight containers are worth investing. These food prep containers may be in glass or plastic BPA-free containers, but one thing is for certain that they will keep your meals really fresh until you had it, besides they also make an affordable option.
You must consider certain factors before buying these containers such as material: The commonly used containers are glass and plastic, though there are metal and silicone as well.
- Plastic: They are inexpensive containers and last more than a year making it really cheap. But the cheap products may break or become brittle in the freezer and when used in a microwave it heats up.
- Glass: This represents versatility. It is safe to place in oven and freezer. The lids are also firm than another type of containers, but they are certainly expensive.
- Silicone: The silicone meal containers collapse if not in use. However, these can be stored even in tight spaces as it does not crack. It is useful to be used in microwave, freezer and is safe for the dishwasher.
- Metal containers are durable and are suitable for travel. They are good choices for dry foods, but it is perfect for kids and the only con is it cannot be kept in the microwave.
- BPA free containers are good. The resin is harmless until it is low in levels and that is confirmed by the FDA. BPA does not enter your food. However, owing to the concern, many manufacturers advertise as “BPA-Free” products. Yet, for safety, it is best to place it on a plate prior to heating.
These food prep containers are easily available in the market and the best is to place order online that assures all safety and timely delivery. Even if you are busy, you can place the order and have it delivered. Even the glass containers come without any damage. Placing orders online relieves you of the worries of getting it home without causing any damage.
In this way, even if you are late to work, you can grab quick meals and need not go empty stomach. Getting recipes ready for a week helps as you can store in these meal prep containers. They are easy to use and convenient to handle. Buying online from places such as Amazon is not only convenient, but you also have a galore of choices.